Friday, September 10, 2010

So let me explain...

I knew I had to pick a name for this thing and that was not easy.  I came up with all kinds of things from The 8 Pack Diaries to My Crazy Life.  Nothing seemed right.  I am a huge fan of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.  I'm always making jokes to all my neighbors and friends about us being The Real Housewives of Tonganoxie.  Let's get REAL here!  Do us REAL housewives live in 5 million dollar homes and spend $2,000 at a time when we buy clothes for our kids?  I think not.  We shop clearance racks, live paycheck to paycheck, and tell our kids that they aren't getting a new video game until Christmas or their birthday.  We don't shower and get dressed all fancy first thing in the morning.  We don't wear Gucci shoes and Versaci purses.  Hell, I drove my kids to school this morning in yesterday's makeup, crazy hair, no bra, and barefoot!  That's how I roll! 


So WE, who clean our own houses, do our own laundry, clip coupons, bargain shop, write checks on Thursdays, and actually yell at our children are the REAL housewives!  Sometimes we feel like crazy, mad women, and sometimes we need Prozac.  But THAT is our reality!

2 comments:

  1. LOL - Love it!!! Woo Hoo Housewives of Tongie!! {I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't wear a bra to take the kids to school...}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister!! Sounds like me in the morning, however I do wear a bra. If I didn't my boobs would be working the pedals for me.

    ReplyDelete