Monday, September 13, 2010

Introductions

Well I figured I would introduce each of our children to you.  Firstly, let me explain our situation.  We are a blended family.  Trent had three kids, Kaylee, Kristen, and May May from his first marriage.  I had two, Mason and Ethan, from my first marriage.  We got married, and by complete surprise had an "ours," Bryson.  I guess the Good Lord just didn't think our family was complete without him and now we know he was right!  I'm going to go from oldest to youngest. 

 First, we have Kaylee...
Kaylee is your typical, hormonal TWEEN.  She'll be 13 in October.  She's a very smart, laid back girl, with teenage moodiness from time to time.  She's the oldest, so she often tries to "mother" the other kids and we often have to remind her that it is our job and not hers.  She does not like to play sports, as she is more interested in things like reading and drawing.  I have to say, like her daddy, she's a pretty good little artist.  She takes school seriously and does pretty well.

Next, there's Kristen...
Kristen is an 11 year old fiery red head!  Total SWEETHEART!  She has to be reminded to slow down quite a bit, both in her actions and her talking, but we tease her about that.  She is very active and loves to play softball and soccer.  School work is definitely not first on her list, but we're working on that.  She loves the socialization there, though.  Kristen is my little helper around the house.  She loves to clean, organize, and do laundry.  I know, crazy, right?  She's also a little fashion diva, always wanting the latest and greatest clothes.  I really get to have fun with that!

After her comes "Big" Mason, a name he's adopted since we have two Masons...
Mason is 9.  His hobbies include Bushidokahn, video games, video games, and video games.  And did I mention he loves video games?  We often make jokes that we would have to ground him FROM his room instead of TO his room because he spends about 80% of his time in there.  We have to force the boy to go play outside! He's been a straight A student since he started school, and would be devastated to get a B.  He watches The History Channel!!  This kid can give you the date, time, and place of any American historical event, and probably most foreign events as well.  He also thinks he's a comedian.  He's a big jokester!

Next on the list is "Little" Mason, or May May...
May May is 6.  GOOFY, SILLY, and HILARIOUS!  This kid can come up with the most off the wall stuff to say sometimes!  And usually it's completely out of context.  He has recently joined Big Mason on the video game wagon.  He plays soccer but complains about every second of it.  He's pretty good, too!  Lately he's turned in to a little sassy mouth, so we're trying to nip that ASAP.  But overall he's a pretty easy going kid who doesn't give us any real problems.

Then we have Ethan....
Oh, Ethan!!  This is our challenge of the house.  He's 6 going on 26.  He's got the mind of a lawyer, or a used car salesman.  He'll argue his way through anything and always has to have the last word.  People tell us all the time, "Oh, he's so cute!" or "Oh, he's so smart!"  Yes. Smart.  Evil genius to be exact.  This kid is going to be the one building bombs in the basement closet at 10 years old.  And they'll work!  On the other hand, he is a total Mama's boy and quite the little athlete.  He's a busy body.  He wears me out.

We call the two little ones, Ethan and May May, The Twirps.  We've also compared them to Pinky and the Brain, and Phineas and Ferb.  They are quite the duo!

Last, but certainly not least, there's Bryson...
Bryson is 7 1/2 months old.  And man oh man, is he ever loved in this house!  I can honestly say he's the best baby I've had.  He's so laid back and happy.  He eats well and sleeps well.  He's recently learned to crawl and has found his way in to everything.  He's a big boy at almost 24lbs.  He was 9lbs 10oz at birth.  He was a big surprise, but a pleasant one for sure.  He's become such a daddy's boy lately.  I've never had one of those so its taking me some time to get used to that.  I guess it's a good thing.  He just adores all of his brothers and sisters, too.  It's awesome!

So, if you made it this far, there it is.  Our family.  The Brady Bunch.  Yours, Mine, and Ours.  It's a little crazy here at times, but this is our life.  We're proud to be living it!

2 comments:

  1. Man I miss you guys so much! Can't wait to see you guys!
    I love yall so much and yall mean the world to me. I am proud to call you guys my family and I wouldn't trade any of you guys for the world. Love you guys no matter what and I will be here for you guys till the end.
    With all my love,
    Kater... Well you know the rest! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete